fbpx ‘I’ve had a patch of hair loss for 11 years, what can I do?’
Book a FREE consultation  
For a free consultation or assistance, please call 020 7730 6666

Browse by Category

‘I’ve had a patch of hair loss for 11 years, what can I do?’


HairlossANSWERS - Click to Submit Your Query to Our Hair Loss Experts

Name:  Mark Chadwick

Question: Hello, my dad died when I was 12, after which I lost a small amount of hair on the top of my head.  I’m now 23 and it’s still the same – no better or worse – but people are getting on my nerves with noticing it.  What should I do?  I take vitamins and have thickening shampoo and it has helped but what else can i do?

Answer: It sounds like there is a possibility this could be Alopecia Areata – an autoimmune condition often triggered by sudden shock or trauma and a common cause of patchy hairloss – but you would need an examination for a definitive diagnosis.  This can either be done by visiting Belgravia for a consultation or alternatively completing our online consultation form.

High strength minoxidil is the medication that is usually used as a treatment for Alopecia Areata and small patches of hair loss will usually grow back.  If it is Alopecia Areata that you are experiencing, the fact that you have had this patch for so long could affect the kind of results the treatment brings but it would definitely be worth a try and a hair loss specialist could advise you further after examining your hair loss.

More information – Booking a tricho-check
Diagnostic Form
Alopecia Areata

Online Consultation

Submit an instant online consultation so that one of Belgravia’s hair loss specialists can diagnose your condition and recommend an effective course of treatment, wherever you live.