For many people, it can be difficult to eat a completely balanced diet – busy schedules, restaurant meals and sugary treats can all get in the way when you’re trying to get all of your recommended daily allowances (RDAs).
However, ignoring the vitamin and minerals required by your body can lead to trouble not only with your waistline, but with your hairline too. Malnutrition can lead to a range of hair loss conditions and related problems, from brittle and weak strands to thinning hair and receding hairlines.Ultimately, most cases of hair loss cannot be completely prevented or cured with healthy eating alone, but getting the right balance of nutrients is essential for creating a truly healthy head of hair. Below are some hints and tips to help you keep your hair in top condition:
- Load up on foods rich in Vitamin C and E. Both help promote good circulation throughout all areas of the body, including the scalp. Vitamin C in particular is used in the synthesis of collagen and the uptake of iron, both of which are vital for a healthy circulatory system. These vitamins are especially effective when consumed together, and are useful when taken alongside medication for preventing baldness.
- Make sure you are eating enough protein. Hair is primarily composed of the protein keratin, so a lack of protein in the diet can cause hair loss. Meat eaters and ovo-lacto vegetarians will get all the protein they need from animal products, while vegans will need to consume pulses and certain amino acid-rich grains.
- Boost your intake of Vitamin A and Beta-carotene. These elements are found in a wide-range of fruit and vegetables and help to promote healthy cell growth.
- Consume plenty of B-Vitamin sources. Vitamins B5 (pyridoxine), B6 (biotin), and B7 (pantothenic acid) are especially important, as they are all thought to specifically benefit the hair.
- Try to get the correct amounts of Copper and Zinc – in trace amounts they can increase the thickness and intensity of colour in your hair. Too much copper, however, is toxic, so check your RDAs and make sure you’re ingesting a healthy amount.
- Avoid iron deficiency – it is a very common cause of hair loss, particularly in pre-menopausal women. If iron levels to dip to unhealthy levels, this reduces the amount of oxygen available for hair follicles, so whether you’re a man or a woman, it’s important to keep your iron levels high by eating plenty of red meat and leafy-green vegetables.
Hair Vitalics – Keeping Your Bases Covered
If you’re overwhelmed by this myriad of different nutrients, never fear – The Belgravia Centre’s Hair Vitalics contains the vitamins and minerals needed for strong and lustrous hair. Taking Hair Vitalics as part of a bespoke hair loss treatment plan is therefore a quick and easy way to make sure your body has all the nutrients it needs for a healthy head of hair!
The Belgravia Centre—————————————————————————————————–
The Belgravia Centre is the leader in hair loss treatment in the UK, with two clinics based in Central London. We offer clinically proven treatments for hair loss, as part of comprehensive treatment programmes offered by our hair loss specialists. Our in-house pharmacies produce high-strength medications for hair loss that contain medically proven ingredients and are available at no other clinic worldwide. Treatment programmes are available by visiting the centres or for home-use, anywhere in the UK or the rest of the world. View our hair loss success stories, which are the largest collection of such success stories in the world and demonstrate the levels of hair regrowth that so many of Belgravia’s patients achieve. You can also phone 0800 077 6666 for our hair loss helpline or to arrange a free consultation.This entry was filed under General Hair Loss, Hair Loss, Hair Loss News. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.