When you start losing your hair, whether due to genetics or other factors, such as stress, it can be very worrying. But you don’t have to just sit back and let it happen. In a lot of hair loss cases it is entirely possible to not only stop your hair loss but also re-grow the hair you have lost. Here are five products which can help you to stop and even reverse your hair loss, all of which are available as part of The Belgravia Centre’s individually tailored hair loss treatment programmes.
1) Propecia - Propecia is a pharmaceutical product which has been medically proven to be effective in the treatment of Male Pattern Baldness. It comes in pill form and is one of only two pharmaceutical products to be licensed by the Medicines and Healthcare Regulatory Agency (MHRA) for this purpose. It works by inhibiting the production of Dihydrotestosterone – the hormone which causes the hair follicles to shrink in cases of Male Pattern Baldness.
2) Minoxidil – Minoxidil is the other pharmaceutical treatment which has been licensed by the MHRA, and is also scientifically proven to work for the treatment of male (and female hairloss). Minoxidil works in different ways from Propecia, so we find it highly effective to combine the two during treatment for male hair loss. (Propecia is not suitable for women).
3) MPG/ Azelaic Acid – Medroxyprogesterone (MPG) and Azelaic Acid (AA) are treatments that we add to our Minoxidil formulations. We have found both of these to be useful complementary ingredients. MPG is added to our 4-5% Minoxidil solutions, while AA is found in The Belgravia Centre’s unique 12.5% Minoxidil cream. This can be used to treat Alopecia Areata.
4) HairMax LaserComb – The LaserComb is free with most of The Belgravia Centre’s treatment courses. The LaserComb has been cleared by the US Food & Drug Administration (FDA). This means that clinical trials have shown the device to be both effective and safe. Laser combs use low power laser light energy to stimulate hair follicles, and are often used as a supportive treatment as part of a holistic hairloss treatment programme.
5) Nutritional supplements – Keeping your hair healthy and in optimum condition can be difficult, particularly given the busy lives that many of us lead. That’s why we offer Hair Vitalics alongside our hairloss treatment programmes. This nutritional supplement is designed to be taken daily, and is loaded with everything that your hair needs to grow strong and healthy, including Vitamins A, C and B6, Zinc Sulphate and Aloe Vera extract.
At The Belgravia Centre our hair loss experts will create a treatment plan tailored to your individual needs. They will give you routine maintenance calls – contact may be by phone or internet. We recommend quarterly check-ups and you are welcome to arrange a check-up at any time convenient for you. It is obviously very important that prescription medications are monitored in their use.
Our hair loss experts have a great deal of experience in using these treatments to treat a range of different hair loss conditions. Evidence of the success and regrowth experienced by so many of Belgravia’s treatment users can be found by viewing our hair loss success stories.
To find out how Belgravia can help you to re-grow your hair, you can arrange a free consultation at our London hair loss clinic. If you are not local to London then you can fill in our online diagnostic form, and we’ll post you a personally tailored home-use treatment programme wherever you are in the world.